|Birth place or City of origin:|
|State of origin:|
|Last known City:|
|Last known State:|
Horse Shoe Brand began in 1869 when R J and A A Stalker opened their saddle shop in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada to supply the Northwest Mounted Police, among others. The Stalker shop was purchased by Elisha Frederick Hutchings and ultimately became part of Great West Saddlery when it combined with Carson and Shore and Riley in 1900. Their head office was in Winnipeg with branches all over Alberta and Saskatchewan. The growth of the new firm was impressive and by 1924 they were the largest saddlery firm in all the British Empire. They carried a full-line of high quality saddles, cinches, chaps, bits and spurs - until they closed their doors forever in the late 1950s.