P. M. Kelly began making spurs in Childress, Texas in 1903 moving to Oklahoma and Hansford, TX before going to work for McChesney in Pauls, OK in 1910. By 1911 Kelly was ready to open his own shop in Dalhart, Texas with his new partner Clyde Parker (known as KB & P or Kelly Bros & Parker). The partnership dissolved in 1919 but the Kelly Bros continued making bits and spurs moving to El Paso, Texas in 1925. The Kelly Bros made their own patterns for bits and spurs marking them under the button on the outside of the spur or sometimes inside the spur. In later years Kelly put out an inexpensive spur marked "Rodeo." In 1965 the business was sold to James Renalde of Denver.